Thank you for considering IUEA
We think studying at IUEA could be the right choice for you. IUEA is the most innovative university in East Africa, with some of the region’s leading academic minds in their fields are either based at our campus or regularly come as visiting academics.
We like to make sure that our students get the best possible experience during their time at the university. That’s why we spend more on facilities for our students than any other university of our kind. So, whatever you want from your university experience, IUEA offers the perfect environment in which you can learn, develop your skills and above all have a wonderful social life.
Whatever advice and help you may need whilst studying at IUEA, you will find that the University has a strong support network in place to guide and assist you.
Students with various queries concerning admission, registration, identity cards, payment of university dues among others should report to the under mentioned offices.
- Financial affairs – Bursar
- Admissions and verification – Academic Registrar
- Evening and weekends – Deans and heads of departments
- Identity card – Dean of Students Affairs
- Study visas – Dean of Students Affairs.Students from non East African Countries have to pay 100 dollars for a student pass for one year
- Accommodation – Dean of Students Affairs and warden
- Any matters that concern student welfare – Dean of Students Affairs and warden
- Sports activities – Dean of Students/Sports Tutor
- Examination results – Academic Registrar
- Students government – Guild president
- Course programmes – respective Deans and programme coordinators.
- Time tables – Programme coordinator
- Change of course – Academic Registrar
- Dead year/semester/retakes – Academic Registrar
- Health -Dean of Students
What to study
International Students Studying at the International University of East Africa will be one of the most exciting times of your life. Ensure you are prepared with our application guide to studying with us.
Applying to join IUEA
- First you must find a course. Next, check the entry requirements of your chosen course. Each course will have different entry requirements.
International undergraduate students: contact the university Admissions Office to find out more about application requirements. You can also visit our website: www.iuea.ac.ug , for up-to-date information.
International postgraduate students: contact IUEA.
- If you are from outside of the East African Community, check you will need for a student visa. You can only apply for a visa once you have been accepted by your chosen university but it is best to make sure you are aware of the requirements in advance.
- Contact the Student Services Helpdesk at the University and ask your questions.
- Read the IUEA’s comprehensive guide to studying with us.
- If you still have questions about studying at IUEA, contact our Admissions Office and they will be happy to answer any questions you have
Discover a world of opportunity
The University currently offers programmes Business Studies and management, Computing and Information Technology, and Petroleum Studies. In future, we will offer a much broader range of areas of specialisation, taught within our burgeoning faculties and delivered by the finest academic minds from around the world.
Our programmes are industry-focused. Our programmes are designed to equip you with the important skills, qualifications, and experience you need to make a sought-after profession. We offer you state-of-the-art learning facilities to help you make the most of your time here.
Pursue your studies beyond school.Choose the International University of East Africa and you will be joining a top university that offers you an industry-tailored programme in addition to an inspiring learning environment.
(BSc/BA/BBA) – three-year first-degree programmes in Business, Computing and I.T areas offer a useful intellectual training in different approaches to real-life questions.
Student pass and immigration issues for international students
The Office of the Dean of Students works with Immigration and Visa department at The Ministry of Internal Affairs to coordinate the Student pass and visa process for all international students. And with the Legal and Inspection department at the Ministry of Internal Affairs ensures that every international student applies, acquires and posses a valid student pass.
It is a requirement by the Immigration Department that all Non-Ugandans/ Non Citizens studying in Uganda should have a student pass/Visa. Students from the East African Region get student passes free of charge. It is Illegal to be in another country without a valid visa.
Non East African students are required to obtain a one year visa (renewable annually) at a fee.
Requirements for the student Visa include: Photocopy of the Admission letter, Valid Identity card, Passport or travel document and the Students pass fee for Non East African students.
Visit us and see for yourself
We offer some of the best study and social facilities in the East African region – but don’t take our word for it – come to and visit us on an open day and see for yourself. Open Days at the International University of East Africa at Kansanga, Ggaba road, Kampala.