Dear students and staff of IUEA,
Greetings from the VC’s office.
I want to take this opportunity to share some good news with you and as usual, to thank you for being a part of the IUEA family.
After the initial uncertainty about whether universities will reopen for face-to-face classes beginning on the first of November 2021, I am happy to inform you that IUEA will reopen for face-to-face classes beginning on the 15th of November 2021.
For clarity, we would like to restate that on the 15th of November 2021:
- IUEA will reopen for face-to-face on-campus studies
- Online studies will continue uninterrupted
- IUEA will continue with blended teaching for on-campus and online students
- For those who stopped schooling in March 2020 because they could not continue online, the month of November will be used for revision of the content taught before the first lockdown in March of 2020. The April-May 2020 exams will be done in December of 2021. Those who pass will join the January 2022/May 2022 intake to catch up. Specific dates for revision and for exams will be sent shortly
- All exams for all faculties will continue to be done online
- Proof of vaccination (a valid vaccination card) is highly recommended for being on campus for all: for students, visitors and for all administrative and academic staff
- Social distancing, face masks, hand sanitizers, temperature guns – all SOPs will be always maintained on campus
- Classrooms have been arranged for social distancing, please help us to maintain the social distancing arrangement
- Please maintain the social distancing protocol when seeking for assistance from offices
- A survey has been sent to determine who is current on their studies and who needs assistance
- The fees structure for on-campus and online will be different, updated fees structures will be published on or before mid-November 2021
- As was the case in the first reopening, students who signed up for online studies may switch to face-to-face but they will have to pay the difference in fees
- For those who have completed their studies, 2021 graduation is set for Thursday, 25 th November 2021. Please make sure you are ready for graduation by clearing before 18th November 2021. The names of those who clear after 18th November 2021 will appear in the 2021 graduation supplement book, not in the main graduation book
Like last year, the 2021 graduation will be a combination of virtual and on-campus ceremony. To comply with the standard operating procedures for Covid-19, only 200 people – students, parents, guests, etc will be allowed on campus for the graduation. Faculties will contact students who are allowed to be present for the on-campus graduation ceremonies. Criteria for selection and the number of guests for each invited student will be made public soon
The staff and I hope to see those of you who can study face-to-face on campus on the 15th of November. And for those of you who study online, we shall continue to see you online and we will continue to work hard to improve your online learning experience. As always, your feedback is always welcome. You may give us feedback directly, through our Marketing department, through student’s affairs or through the student’s guild.
On behalf of the University Board of Trustees, Council, Senate and Management, I thank you very much for being a part of IUEA and for your unwavering support during this pandemic. We would not have come this far without your unflinching support.
Thank you, good luck in your studies and God bless.
Dr Emeka Ekaezuwa
International University of East Africa