Another one in the bag!
We are over the moon! After a rigorous voting session, IUEA emerged the winner of the Uganda Science and Innovators Award 2021 competition was hosted by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation under the office of the President of Uganda. (HE Yoweri Kaguta Museveni).
Objectives of the award
- To recognize outstanding innovators and innovations.
- To earmark innovations for scaling up and commercialization purposes.
- To create visibility of Ugandan capabilities in technology development and innovation.
- To inspire Ugandans especially youth into technology development and innovation.
The competition featured three brilliant innovators with next-generation innovations in the 18+ mobility category. These included
- Edwin Agaba (IUEA)- The electric motorcycle
- Innocent Oriikiiriza –Digital Ticketing System
- Ahereza Ian &Nakiito Gloria Dorcus – Smart Remote Monitoring EV charging
IUEA would like to thank all those who participated in the voting. We are deeply humbled by your patronage.
IUEA Electric Bike
The International University of East Africa, in partnership with Clean Air Initiative Africa and with support from the United Nations, is set to produce electric motorcycles. The motorcycles are expected to reduce gas emissions, which cause pollution.
An Innovation Hub Launched for transformative plastic waste management and Job Creation through youth skilling in Uganda.
An innovation hub for plastic waste management has been launched at the International University of East Africa(IUEA) under the framework of the Greater Kampala Metropolitan Area (GKMA) PET Plastic Recycling Partnership.