Faculty of Engineering
The Faculty of Engineering at IUEA is one of the fastest growing faculties of engineering in Uganda and East Africa. It is gaining popularity among faculty leavers, parents, schools, students, and industries.
- Broadcast engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Petroleum engineer
- Civil engineer
- Mobile and Satellite Communication engineer
- Mining engineer
About the Faculty
PROF. DAWOUD SHENOUDA DAWOUD
The Faculty of Engineering at IUEA is one of the fastest growing faculties of engineering in Uganda and East Africa. It is gaining popularity among faculty leavers, parents, schools students, and industries. This is because all the engineering programmes offered by IUEA are currently supported by international levels syllabi and top quality laboratories. Accordingly, our students will have great employment opportunities and gain better business start-up ideas.
More About Our Unique MBA Programme
The underlying philosophy of the IUEA MBA is to educate managers, administrators, leaders and entrepreneurs in a manner that is fully conscious of the unique challenges of doing business in Africa.
- Finding business and management solutions that work well within African cultures and systems.
- Focus on case studies and rigorous research that includes publication quality papers.
- Emphasis on in-class discussions, writing, presentations and critical thinking.
Bachelor of Architecture (BA)
Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering (BSPE)
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
Bachelor of Science in Mobile and Satellite Communication (BSMSC)
Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering (BSME)
Diploma in Architecture (DA)
Diploma in Civil Engineering (DCE)
Diploma in Electrical Engineering (DEE)
In addition, a candidate shall be eligible for admission to the programme on meeting any of the following minimum qualifications:
- At least two (2) Principal Pass in Physics and Mathematics obtained at the same sitting of the Advanced Level Examinations or its equivalent. For purposes of computing entry points, the advanced level subjects shall carry the following weights:
- Essential – Physics and Mathematics,
- Relevant – Chemistry, Economics, Technical Drawing
- Desirable – General Paper, any other technical subject
- Others – any other subject
2. At least a Diploma from a recognized institution in any of the following fields:
- Electrical, Computer , Telecommunication Engineering or a related field,
- Science Technology (Physics or Chemistry), Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Ceramics, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning,
- Any other Engineering field as approved by the IUEA Senate;
3. Bachelor’s degree in the Physical Sciences
4. Certificate Holders
Certificate holders will either join our Foundation Program or the Diploma courses only, upon which they will join the Undergraduate Degree Programs.
Upon completion of your degree in the programs offered from the Faculty of Engineering, some of the career prospects may include but not limited to:
Electrical and Telecommunication Jobs
- Broadcast engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Electronics engineer
- Network engineer
- Technical sales engineer
Civil, Mechanical & Architectural jobs
- Building control surveyor
- Consulting civil engineer
- Contracting civil engineer
- Site engineer
- Structural engineer
- Water engineer
- Building services engineer
- Engineering geologist
- Environmental consultant
- Quantity surveyor
- Architectural technologist
- Interior and spatial designer
- Building surveyor
- Commercial/residential surveyor
- Higher education lecturer
- Historic buildings inspector/conservation officer
- Landscape architect
- Planning and development surveyor
- Town planner
To meet the requirements of accreditation by the Engineering Accreditation Council of NCHE of Uganda and also to complement the theory and practical study at IUEA, a well-structured internship (industrial training) programme in collaboration with industries has been incorporated into the curriculum.
The structures of all the programmes offered by the Faculty of Engineering include three periods of training each of 10-15 weeks. The main aims and objectives of the internship programme are to provide :
Enhanced employability through interpersonal and social skills * Interrelationships of Theory and Practice • Career preparation insight into the world of work
Technical Development: This internship programme will further enhance student’s employability . In many cases the same company at which you had internship training will offer you employment as soon as you graduate. In all cases you will gain an invaluable insight into the world of work as an Engineer and be better equipped to position yourself for the career you seek.
Whether you join IUEA immediately after your secondary education or transfer to us from another institution of higher learning, we offer programmes depending on your prior qualifications and experience. There will be a clear progression of your learning to ensure that you will be empowered with the necessary skills and knowledge to enter the corporate world. If you enter our foundation course first, you will take a range of modules that will assist in developing your basic engineering knowledge prior to entering the degree programme and this allows time for decision on which of our degrees you want to pursue. At all times, our staff will be able to advise you on the choices available at each stage of your studies
To be a leading provider of Engineering and Technology based education with innovative approaches to enhancing lifelong career opportunities.
To provide high quality and innovative teaching and learning experience that maintains professional accreditation for all its programmes. To provide an education based on theoretical, experimental and ethical foundations enhanced by opportunities for participation in research, internships and interdisciplinary programmes approaches. To educate graduates for professional leadership, civic influence and lifelong learning .
For all degrees within the Faculty, IUEA links with industry to help provide grounded internship training placements for students. Internships are compulsory for all students as per the requirement of the NCHE of Uganda