IUEA offers Short Course programs that help prepare students for higher education or advance their careers. They are usually under certain departments and short in length since they are intended to cover specific areas.
- Cyber Security Expert
- Network Engineer
- I.T support
Certificate in cyber security
This Course will provide a basic introduction to all aspects of Cyber Security, Including Communications Security, Networking Security, Security management and Cyber threats The course teaches you how to protect yourself from Hackers
Advanced Certificate In Humanitarian logistics (CHL)
Humanitarian relief organizations coordinate billions of dollars in relief annually to victims of natural
disasters, civil conflict and war. Their chief task is the timely mobilization of financing and goods from
international donors and administering relief to vulnerable beneficiaries at disaster sites across the globe.
As such, logistics is central to their activities and strategic to their missions.
Advanced Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics (ACHL) was developed by experienced logisticians from
the academia with close consultations and collaborations from International Non Governmental
Organizations (INGOs) such as the International Rescue Committee, Save the Children, ICRC, WFP,
UNHCR, and UNICEF.
The Short Course of Advanced Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics (ACHL) is a short learning program
with emphasis to innovative ‘competence model’ approach. The program combines best practices in
supply chain management and humanitarian community, business industry and academia to enhance
knowledge application and skills development. This well-established program has been designed to
develop your humanitarian operations management skills and insight as well, and equips you with the
tools and techniques necessary to succeed in Humanitarian logistics management.
After completion of the course, the participants will be able to;
- Understand the fundamental issues of humanitarian logistics.
- Explain the imports/ exports and international business practice.
- Apply the principles of managing the humanitarian supply chain.
- Identify and describe humanitarian supply chain relationships.
- Identify humanitarian aid requirements and develop emergency response strategy.
- Specify supply chain configuration and develop emergency response plan.
- Understand the humanitarian operations and development of emergency response operations.
- Describe types and mandates of organizations involved in humanitarian aid.
- Explain the operational activities of humanitarian aid organizations.
- Apply knowledge on different phases of humanitarian response.
- Understand sources of funds and resources.
- -Analyze the way supply chain has contributed to the overall relief program.
- Co-ordinate the humanitarian logistics focus with other activities and Manage the working environment, people and resources.
Certificate In Cash Transfer Programming(CTP)
In recent years, Cash Transfer Programming (CTP) has emerged as one of
the most significant innovations in international humanitarian assistance.
The use of cash transfer as a form of aid in humanitarian assistance has
By 2017, it is estimated that over $3bn was spent in humanitarian
assistance through disbursement of cash and vouchers. The move to CTP
has strong roots and the global trend is rapidly increasing. CTP is widely
recognized as one of the most significant areas of innovation in humanitarian
assistance, with huge potential to meet more needs, more efficiently and
In recognition of CTP’s potential, many humanitarian actors have made
public commitments to increase its use and therefore the change process is
already under way. The donors, coordinating bodies and implementing
agencies are actively integrating CTP into humanitarian programming. They
are updating their systems, skill sets and processes to make the best use of
CTP. With the volume of CTP already measured in billions of dollars and still
growing, the stakes are high but the technical people with the right skills
training are inadequate.
The benefits of cash-based assistance have been shown to cut across
multiple sectors. There are many opportunities that have been identified to
align CTP with major reforms at every level, from achieving the Sustainable
Development Goals and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, to
strengthening social protection systems and realizing the UN’s New Way of
CTP has been actively linked to a host of other reforms such as: financial
inclusion, the digital revolution, evolving coordination mechanisms,
strengthening local leadership, enhancing dignity and accountability to
affected populations, and improving monitoring and reporting of results.
At the same time, it is should be noted that CTP is not a magic silver bullet
capable of solving all the problems associated with aid. Rather, it is one
factor, among many, driving a wider set of reforms across the sector. CTP is
seen as a tool to realize wider reforms, an integral component of a related
set of reforms or a straightforward merit in its own terms, it is clear that the
increasing scale of CTP is inextricably linked to the future of the
humanitarian aid sector.
Understand cash transfer programming, including key terminologies
and definitions, and state principles for good practice in CTP.
- Understand modalities, delivery mechanisms and different tools for
- Learn preconditions for implementation of cash transfers.
- Explain the relevance of cash transfers in different humanitarian
contexts and advocate for CTP to a variety of stakeholders.
- Understand the key steps and associated tasks for cash transfers in
the humanitarian project cycle.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of different staff functions in the
CTP project cycle.
All short courses
Advanced Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics
Advanced Certificate in Project Planning and Management
Advanced Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
Certificate in Cash Transfer Programming
Certificate in Transport and Fleet Management
Certificate in Supply Chain Management
Certificate in Public-Private Partnership
Certificate in Procurement and Contract Management
Quantitative Data Analysis