All our undergraduate students are expected to undertake a three-month internship programme to enable them to relate theory to practice, and also to provide them with the initial work experience.
Normally a Bachelor’s degree of at least second class, lower division or equivalent from a recognised University. Applicants with lower qualifications must satisfy the relevant department and the Postgraduate Admissions Board that they have acquired academic growth, for instance, by evidence of research and publications or a relevant Postgraduate Diploma of Second class division. In some departments, a qualifying course followed by examination is given.
Qualification for admission to the programme will be through any of the following:
1. From the Ugandan and some other East African Education System Essential Economics at UACE and minimum of credit pass in Mathematics at UCE level Relevant Mathematics, History, Geography & Subsidiary Mathematics Others All others
2. From Kenya Must have C+ pass grade and above at KCSE
3. From England Minimum of two GCSE (or equivalent) passes at A-level, minimum C grade
4. International Baccalaureate Minimum of 26 points
5. IGCSE: Minimum average of 60%
6. For diploma holders; A student must have obtained a diploma from a recognized institution of higher learning. The diploma programme curriculum must have contained significant business related content.
Attending the Faculty of Business and Management qualifies one for an array of leadership positions and other advanced roles in private, public and nonprofit organizations. You’ll have the option to work across industries as a business analyst, human resources generalist, operations manager or marketing specialist. Some business administration graduates also venture into entrepreneurship, creating their own successful businesses from the ground up.